Friday, October 21, 2005

Medieval Town Mandala Part 1 HD!



Not the world's best photo - it was late at night when I took the pic and there's too much flash so the colours look a bit washed out. I'll try to get a better one in the daylight. This is a Chatelaine online class project. It goes for 12 months and we get a part a month. I'm stitching this on 32 count antique white Belfast linen with the recommended silks. Part 1 took me longer to stitch than I anticipated - I started this just before midnight on 30 September 2005 and completed it on 19 October 2005. I was actually hoping to have it done in the first week but I didn't have as much stitching time as I thought I would.

I have now moved on to Black Swan's Merrick, Wizard of the Sea. I really want to finish this project this year but I have several other WIPs I want to work on as well. I decided to try a goal based rotation each month and so far I'm sticking to it :)

My rotation this month is:

  • Complete Part 1 of MTM
  • Complete the dolphin on Merrick
  • Complete the centre square on Egyptian Garden (Chatelaine)
  • Finish the wording on the top border of Fragile Miracles (Joan Elliott)
  • Finish page 1 of Snowflake QS (HAED)
  • Try to finish mermaid's tail on Emerald Mermaid (Mirabilia)

Looking at my goals now I think I may have been slightly over-ambitious ... either that or I was planning on getting in more stitching time than I did! I still have 10 more days before October is over so anything is possible - LOL!

The weekend is almost over for us here (Thursday/Friday since Friday is the holy day here) so I'm going to stitch for a couple of hours this afternoon before starting on dinner.

On the family front, DS is sick today with tonsilitis :( It was our first dealings with the medical centres here and it was a positive experience. Liam will have the day off school tomorrow so he can rest up and give the medication a chance to do it's job. I guess I will just have to sit and keep him company, with stitching in hand of course :)

DH and DD have gone off to one of the shopping malls nearby to check out the book store. Caitlin "needs" some things for a project - not sure if the teacher set it or whether it's something her and her friends have come up with :) Either way, it doesn't matter, as she is being creative and I am all for that! No doubt they will come home with a few extras!

I'm off to check on my patient and then stitch!

3 comments:

Anne S said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Your mandala is coming along beautifully - I love her designs. I started Egyptian Garden, but didn't like the fabric I chose, and the new one has just arrived, so I'm about to start it afresh again. I'm also going to try a new rotation - just have to work out which projects on which days ... I look forward to seeing more progress piccies - I looove sharing with other peoples stitching progress!

Nicole & Phil said...

Mel, great to see your blog up an running!!!! :) You will find it so easy to use and keep in touch with people back at home!
The stitching is looking great!
Cheers
Nicole

Rowyn said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. Your Medieval Town Mandala is looking great.