Monday, February 26, 2007

An Open Heart

Here's my progress to date. Despite the grief the drawn threadwork band was causing me, it has turned out rather nicely. I really only have two major areas to stitch and then it is on to the borders. Dare I jinx myself by saying this could quite possibly be my first major finish for 2007?!!



Thank you all for your really nice comments on AOH too - they helped me get through that reweaving!!!

Now to comment on a couple of comments :)

Alison, the beaded purse pin measures 2.54cm x 5.72cm (1" x 2.25"). It is probably not something I would wear but I could probably make myself very popular with my Bratz loving DD and her similarly minded friends by making a bunch of them without the pin. I'm sure their fashion loving Bratz would love them :) Good luck with An Open Heart - you will probably breeze through the reweaving :)

Tannia, all I can say about your recollection of soylent green cereal from the old film is eeewwwww! LOL! Actually, your comment made me curious so I went searching and found this - again, at the risk of sounding like my 9yo female child - eewww!

Rightio, on that note, I'm off to make a dent in the next band of AOH before the kids come home :)

7 comments:

Nia said...

If you can possibly find an old black and white-ish version of the movie - watch it - just for curiosity's sake eh!

You've overtaken me on AOH!!! I must get back to it but I've been having so much fun with M-Designs! Am having a week off though so should be able to get a bit done! You're motivating me no end!

cathymk said...

Oh Beautiful!!

Cindy said...

Such a beautiful piece...you'll be done in no time :)

Deanne J said...

It's so beautiful Mel, you'll have it finished in no time.

Carol said...

It's so beautiful Mel! I haven't picked mine up in over a year :-( I am so bad with this one! You are inspiring me, though, to get off my butt and get back to it as soon as I can!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

It looks fantastic Mel! Great job.

Anonymous said...

Stunning Mel :o)