Sunday, July 27, 2008

Best laid plans and all that ...

For the past couple of nights I've been working on my Spanish Mystery Sampler - part three was released last week and I'm still working my way through part one. Anyway, I finished off a thread, and sat back to look at my progress. That's when I thought to myself "something doesn't look right" and sure enough, on closer inspection, I see my mistake. I check the chart and there's an error on the chart and I missed it. (Note to self, check SAL boards more frequently as there was notification of said chart error!).

I've put it to one side until I decide whether I want to frog out two nights worth of stitching over one on black, or just get a fresh piece of fabric and start over *sigh*. I briefly thought of leaving it that way - nobody will probably notice - but I will know and that takes the shine off of it for me.

Periphaeria Designs Spanish Sampler Mystery.  Can you spot my boo-boo?

So, to make myself feel better I started something new :) I've been admiring Dani'sMoonlight Guardian (Dragon Dreams) WIP for some time and since I've had it kitted up for ages, well ... I'll let the pic speak for itself :)

Meet Morag ... :)

Moonlight Guardian by Dragon Dreams aka Morag

DMC cotton floss, rayon, Kreinik and Caron silks over two
on Kiwi Illusions (CountryStitch) 28 count Twilight hand-dyed lugana.


I had kitted it up with one or two choices of fabric and so spent a little while deciding which one I liked best. This decision making process also involved pulling out a couple of other options from my fabric stash before making my final choice!

Of course by this time it was almost 1am and I really should have gone to bed but as you can see I didn't :) Well, it was Sunday, the kids are on holidays and who needs sleep!!

I've been stitching on it in between chores today and it is really coming along nicely - I'll post another pic tomorrow :)

6 comments:

Veronica said...

Hi Mel,

I stumbled across your blog by accident. Someone linked it on their website though I don't remember who :S Gotta tell you that your stitching is beautiful. Sorrie to hear about the SAL mistake. I can't stand mistakes on my piece too and frog no matter what or it will just keep bugging me.

Creative Chaos said...

Hi mel , sorry to read about the mistake ... If I makes one , it bugs me too , even if nobody sees it ... but it does look wonderful and so does your new WIP !!
Patti xx

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Great progress on both pieces. I like the fabbie choice for Moonlight Guardian.

Kim B said...

Your progress on both pieces is great! Too bad about the error. That is really unfortunate. I'm sure you'll make the most of it though.

Anonymous said...

Oh... if I think I can get away with an error (no one else will notice), I don't frog... especially over 1!

Starting something new was a good way to handle it tho!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wahooo! Great new start!