from the JCS 2007 Ornament Magazine
I used DMC floss and substituted Kreinik 002V #4 braid for the PB01. I also used Mill Hill 42011 beads instead of 40557. Stitched on 32 count Kiwi Illusions "Oyster" lugana.
Started and finished 30 September - put the last beads on at 11.54pm!
I haven't been doing much of anything since we returned from holidays, except to read (boy, have I read a load of books in the last few weeks!). I came back feeling restless and disenchanted. I do enjoy (for the most part) life here but there are times when the constant heat, humidity, dust, construction, roadworks and the ensuing traffic chaos get the better of me. The fact is I'm not a big city type of girl yet I find myself living in one - go figure! It was also Ramadan (officially ended today) - not being able to eat and drink in public during the daylight hours doesn't bother me - it is the morons on the road who become even more moronic on the roads, the shortened business hours and the insane amount of time it takes to do something relatively straight forward and simple. Then I get angry with myself because I have much to be thankful for. Unfortunately, this feeling of blah has affected my motivation to stitch - it just hasn't been there - in fact this ornament is the most I've stitched in weeks! I did pick up the knitting bug while away but even that has been put away.
Still, there are signs of hope of a return to normality :) I've stitched some on a HAED WIP tonight and have pulled another out of hibernation to work on tomorrow. I got my September ornament done and I have an urge to get out the sewing machine and have a finishing day - perhaps over the weekend. I've also signed up for an Ornament exchange which is the first exchange I've participated in for a long time! Last but certainly not least, I've blogged :)