Saturday, April 29, 2006

A couple of finishes :)


The Love Tree ornament is finished ... well sort of :) I just need to put on the beads once I've gone through my stash and decided what colour to use. I'm not sure how I'm going to finish it once the beading is done so it will probably sit in my finishing box for a bit :)

I also finished reading Guilty Pleasures a couple of days ago. As I predicted I went out and bought the next one in the series, The Laughing Corpse, and made a start on it today while waiting for Caitlin to finish her piano lesson.

Emirates Post was nice to me today :) I'd ordered a few things from Karen at Dragonfly Dreams during her Easter sale ... Dinky Dyes The Dreaming chart, a fat quarter of Ivory 40 count linen and some Dinky Dyes silks - Outback, Red Dust, Desert Sands, Nutwood, Nullabor and Aussie Jewels.

I was tempted to start The Dreaming straight away but I still haven't quite decided which silks to use yet so I started An Open Heart instead - lol! Not much to see yet but I plan to get a bit more done on it tonight so I'll try and post a pic tomorrow.

I've also been on a bit of stash buying spree the past couple of days! I ordered some more silks from Karen - Gloriana Red Clay - which I am planning to stitch one of my Long Dog Samplers with. Which one I'm not completely sure but at this stage I am leaning more towards St Georges. I also ordered Mirabilia's Petal Fairy and Bliss Fairy from Naomi at Stitches & Spice along with the embellishment packs and three fat quarters of 32 count Belfast - Jacaranda Haze, Peacock Fantasy and Dawn Light. I couldn't make up my mind so I just ordered all three - lol!

I guess I'd better stop procrastinating about all this stitching I should be doing and actually get down and do it - lol! On that note, I'm off to settle in front of NCIS with AOH :)

No comments: