Tuesday, February 07, 2006

More sightseeing!


Mum, dad and I went back to the Nad al Sheba Racecourse yesterday so dad could have a wander around the Godolphin Gallery. Godolphin is a very prominent and successful racing stable here in Dubai owned by the ruling Al Maktoum family. The gallery houses all the trophies and photographic memorabilia captured by the stable over the years, and is also home to the famous 2000 Dubai World Cup trophy won by Dubai Millennium.


Upon entering the gallery all I could say was "Wow, this place is incredible!". The photographs of the horses are brilliant - Arabian horses are such beautiful creatures!

We then headed over to the Race Club itself so dad could visit the souvenir shop :) My dad has a thing for polo shirts and has managed to add quite a few to his collection since he's been here - lol!

After our visit to Nad al Sheba we headed to one of the nearby shopping malls so mum could do some last minute souvenir shopping :) She got a few things but we are going to Abu Dhabi on Wednesday so she thought she would maintain some control and wait and see what she could find there. No doubt dad will find another polo shirt - lol!

I was also very proud of myself as I managed to get us to Nad al Sheba then Ibn Batutta and then back home without getting lost once! Since I am geographically challenged that is quite a milestone for me :)

No real stitching for me last night :( I tried but I just kept nodding off so gave up in the end.

Today was a quiet day although mum and I ducked down to the Mall of the Emirates to get a birthday gift for Liam to take to a birthday party this afternoon. Mum also wanted to pop into Carrefours (hypermarket) for a few things so she managed to get her shopping fix today :)

We've just been down to the Lakes Club for dinner and everyone else but me has gone to bed. I think I might just do the same thing now - I'm worn out :)

No comments: