Thursday, June 08, 2006

I have a new toy :)

We went shopping last weekend to buy some prints to hang on our walls. We ended up with three plus I also bought myself a new camera - lol! My old one was starting to go a bit funny and I always seemed to have to recharge it more than usual (I suspect the battery pack is on its way out). Anyway, for quite some time now I have wanted one with a better zoom and one of those "burst" modes. You know, where you hold your finger down on the shutter button and the camera takes five shots in a row. Great for action photos of the kids :) Well, now I have one :) It has a 12x digital zoom, 7.2 megapixels, the "burst" mode that I wanted and the macro mode for close ups which is great for taking pics of my stitching plus a heap of other stuff :) We are off on holidays at the end of this month so I'm looking forward to giving it a good workout!



I took some pictures of the kids having a bit of fun with water the same day I bought the camera. Well, I had to make sure it worked - lol! I love the look of the water in this picture ... poor Caitlin though - lol!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great picture Mel. What were the prints like?

Leonie said...

Looks like the kids were having fun!! I take it Liam is feeling better? Sounds like the camera is lots of fun for you :)

Kim said...

cute picture--looks like something my two would do :)

Von said...

You're right, Mel! The water shape is fantastic. We'll all be looking for lots and lots of fabulous pictures of all kinds. :D