Saturday, May 13, 2006

Another new start!

I joined a new Yahoo group this week :) It's called Start A New Project A Week or SAPAW for short. Every Tuesday we start a new project. We don't have to if we don't wish too; but we are encouraged if we do :) Now I can finally cave in to those voices inside my head that have been telling me to start everything in sight for weeks - lol!!!

So, we come to my new WIP ...


"The Dreaming" by Dinky Dyes - Stitched on 32 count "Oyster" lugana from CountryStitch with Dinky Dyes silks "Desert Sands" and "Red Dust".

I haven't forgotten AOH though ...



Area 2 is complete and I am almost done with the dividing band and ready to move onto Area 3.

On Wednesday my order from Karen at Dragonfly Dreams arrived. It contained five packets of Size 28 Piecemaker needles (I love these needles!) and the Gloriana silks I want for Long Dog's St Georges. Oh, and some more Thread Heaven and a chart from Sweetblossoms Designs, Southern Jewel. I won't be using the same colours as the model though :)

So, there are at least another two new starts on the horizon - lol!

Heather, you wanted to know what I got in the DMC department? 121 skeins of stranded cotton to kit up some future projects!! Thankfully DMC is cheap here ... well, much cheaper than what I was paying per skein back in Australia anyway! I tend to stock up big when I go to this store as it isn't somewhere I go very often. I have to go through the city to get to it and well, the driving and traffic is the pits so I try to avoid going into the city as much as possible! This store does have branches in the shopping centres closest to me but neither one of them stocks the threads *sigh*. Maybe I need to go into one of these branches and rattle someone's chain - lol!

Better get to bed ... it's 1am and I have to be up in 5.5 hours to get the kids off to school! (Yes, Von, I do have an early start to the day!).

Before I go, thank you to everyone who has stopped by and made a comment, especially about AOH :)

7 comments:

Leonie said...

Oh, so that's what SAPAW stands for........I missed the post that explained it I think. I have been mulling over a possible new start (maybe HAED?) when I am done with the model. Although most of my other WIPs will seem brand new by the time I get them out! LOL AOH is looking lovely-I might have to start this one soonish, but I have a feeling I still have to get the silks..........

Unknown said...

AOH looks amazing, you've done so much since the other day. Your new start looks good too.
WOW 121 skeins of DMC in one go - ooh if only I could do that here. Never mind, I have a floss fairy instead and I just have to buy her Cadbury chocolate ;)

Anonymous said...

Curiosity got the better of me. What do you pay for a skein of dmc. Just being nosy

Nicole & Phil said...

ohh...you caved in to Janine's evil ways!!! LOL
but the pieces look good! Perhaps one day I will join you, but not quite yet!
The AOH and new WIP look great!

Nicole & Phil said...

comment on the shop near you that do not stock the DMC....
do you think if you took in a list and asked if they could get it transfered over to this side of town, that they would??
worth asking?

Carol said...

Happy Mother's Day Mel!

Von said...

I love the colors in your new wip, Mel. Wondering what project you will start this week as a member of SAPAW. Sounds like a group I should stay away from for awhile in an effort to finish what I've already started, lol!! There's probably another group for that too - Finish An Old Project a Week. :D
Happy Mother's Day!!