Friday, May 05, 2006

AOH Progress

Firstly, I want to thank you all for your comments on AOH - they are a real confidence boost :)



Anyway, here's my progress so far. I think I was being slightly over-ambitious the other day when I said I hoped to get Area 1 finished that night! Getting those Queen Stitches right wasted so much valuable stitching time and had me pulling my hair out! DT's stitch diagrams are fantastic but my brain was just not coping with the QS diagram so I ended up going online to find something that it could cope with - lol! I came across this step by step diagram and managed the final result you see in the pic above. I'm not completely happy with them but I'm not ripping them out again!! Very unusual for me as I am a bit of a perfectionist - I will rip out even the minutest of mistakes simply because I know it is there :)

My order from Stitches & Spice arrived yesterday - such yummy fabrics! I had to put them out of sight so I would not be tempted to start one of the charts!

Another short post today - I told Caitlin that I would play Bratz with her last night and she's been waiting patiently all morning for me :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Open Heart looks amazing Mel.
I don't think I've done Queen stitch before.

Kim said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog--it's nice to have stitchers visit(as it is usually knitters). Your WIPs look great--I love the Medieval Town Mandala, I'm not brave enough to try it though! Looks like we have a bit in common(Nickelback on the iPod, two kids, Laurell Hamilton--I saw you read Guilty Pleasures--I've read them all, and of course HAED). Well, off to bed--have a great weekend!

Nicole & Phil said...

ohh... you have changed the name of your blog...I will have to update my favourite list! ;).
this heart is just lovely! the colours are gorgeous!