Saturday, August 26, 2006

And then there was light!

My new stitching lamp and workstand I ordered from Sew & So last Monday arrived today! I received a phone call mid-morning from Emirates Post telling me to come and collect a parcel from the Central Post Office. I figured it would be my stand and lamp but was a bit puzzled as to why I had to go and collect it when I'd paid for courier postage. Anyway, after going through the three-ring circus that is Emirates Post it eventually became clear that there was some duty to be paid on the lamp. Mystery of collection solved :)

I was very keen to get home and set it all up but by this time the kids and I were hot, hungry and thirsty so we stopped in at the Mall of the Emirates on the way home to refuel :) I also needed to stock up on printer cartridges as I'd been printing off some HAED charts yesterday and went through quite a bit of ink!

Anyway, as you can see I'm all set up now! I have a roast in the oven, DD is playing Bratz in her room with a couple of friends and DS is playing Age of Empires III on the computer, DH has arrived home from work and is heading for the gym, so I think I might just christen my new workstand for half an hour or so.

Oh, and in case you are wondering I got a Lowery Silver Grey Workstand and the Ultimate Floorstanding Lamp from the Daylight Co. I have struggled to find a decent lamp for night time stitching here so I decided to buy myself an early anniversary present :)

Before I go, here's Girly Gothic's current state of play ...



Sorry about the stray threads across her face - I'll remember to tuck them out of the way for the next update!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice lamp for you Mel. It's nice to treat yourself occasionally.

I also need to get some ink for my printer, the black I can refill, but the colour is a little more complicated to do.

Girly Gothic is looking great. I wish I could get more done on my HAED's, but I can never find the time at the moment, or the patience with all that's going on I suppose.

Von said...

Hi Mel,
Great stitching on your GG! She's coming right along. :D

I'd like to hear more about how you like your new x-s set up after you've used it for awhile. I've often looked at the floorstand lamp and thought that it might be really useful with all those extras attached to it.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on HAED. I have a few things to finish off and then hope to place an order on a QS. I do like Fire and Earth. Love your new sewing setup. Your new blog looks very Gothic. What does the verse at the start translate too. Happy Stitching.

Singular Stitches said...

She's lovely!

Concetta said...

Wow, what fantastic toys you got! The lamp is beautiful - and very useful, this I know... I have a daylight floor lamp too, but it's not as nice as the one you have, it's a lot more basic :) and I couldn't do without my Lowery. Your stitching corner looks very cosy. :) Enjoy them!